Image Gallery ,Anyone know how I do this ?

erkmatrix 21:31 29 Jun 2008

I've built my site in Dreamweaver, well with the use of a project seven template, well the basic site and currently building my pages , what I wanted to do is I have a table column on the left hand side and I want smal thumbnail images around 130pxls by 130pxls images and when I click them I want a larger version of that clicked image to be shown in the main content area. I just don't know what code I would need to achieve this.

Does anyone know how I could do this please?

I have tried to use photoshop web gallery and yeah it creats a gallery but have no idea of how I get it resized and put into mu webpage with all my header and everything. It just creates a page on its own when I want it embedded in my site.

Any help would be appreciated.

regards
Junipaire

Kemistri 23:45 29 Jun 2008

Yeah, there are ways and means of doing this. One obvious way to control the loading of images in one part of the viewport by clicking a link in another part is to use Javascript, but why use JS when you can do it fairly easily with CSS. click here for one good example and click here and look at the first section for a choice of other layouts.

gerri-atrick 22:23 02 Jul 2008

in dreamweaver try using the "command" in the file - edit- view etc etc at the top of the page and click on "create web photo album, or use the behaviors - "show-hide elements" or if you are happy for them not to be in the content div then "open browser window" one would be best, and by using the code javascript: window.close() for the link, then it is possible to get the new window to the correct size and to close it just by clicking on it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?