Image Files Downloaded into Outlook Express

Legslip 23:58 12 Mar 2005

My friends PC uses O.Express and when I send him image files (Jpgs) they show as attachments, but the images also appear as pictures in the message area where you normally see the text of any message. Is there any way to stop Outlook Express doing this so that just the files are exhibited and therefore saveable to another folder?

jimv7 09:26 13 Mar 2005

Instead of 'add attachment' chose 'insert picture'

Legslip 10:00 13 Mar 2005

Sorry jimv7. I did not make myself clear. I want to send the attachments and am sending them as attached files but he does not want the images appearing in the normal message area. Hope that is clearer.

jimv7 10:35 13 Mar 2005

Select all the pictures you wish to send, zip/compress them and send as a zipped file,

Legslip 10:56 13 Mar 2005

Surely there is a switch or something in O.Exp that turns off displaying images?

FelixTCat 13:01 13 Mar 2005

Your friend should really not have the preview window active. There are virii that can now activate simply by being viewed in that window.

If he is sure that he is adequately protected, then he could try Tools - Read and tick Read all messages in plain text

Legslip 14:10 14 Mar 2005

.........the 'preview window is not activated. It is a case of seeing that there is mail in the 'inbox' with an attachment and when you double click on it to open it, you can see the attachment files (Jpgs etc) but also in the bit where text is shown, the images also appear. Think it's something were stuck with!

Salinger 14:24 14 Mar 2005

Your friend could try this:

Open OE click on Tools>Options>Security>Download Images Tick the box to "Block"

Legslip 14:31 14 Mar 2005

That might solve the problem. Will try it.

Wak 16:50 14 Mar 2005

Open Outlook Express, Click CREATE MAIL, put Cursor in main panel, Select FORMAT tab, Remove tick from "Send Pictures with Message".

See if that helps.

Legslip 16:57 14 Mar 2005

....but that will only apply if I send him pics. my friend wants to be able to disable the pics showing on his PC for all incoming mails of this type.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?