I'm searching for a new Gaming Computer, but unsure which one to pick.

Danielrebe 10:26 25 Aug 2013

I'm thinking of buy a new gaming computer, however I'm not too good with the specs and so on. I have had a look at two different sorts of gaming computers and I'm not too sure which one may be considered good enough for the sort of games I'll be playing.

The games I intend to play will be;

Empire Total War and Rome 2 Total War.

The first computer I had a look at was the Alienware X51.

The specs for the Alienware X51 are;

Intel® Core™ i3-3220 Processor (3.30 GHz, 3MB Cache, with Hyper-Threading Technology) Windows 8 64bit, English 6GB1 Dual Channel at 1600MHz 1TB Serial ATA (7,200 rpm) 1GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 645 1 yr Next Day In-Home Hardware & Premium Software Phone Support

And the other gaming computer was a cyberpower one, which the specs are;

Case: CoolerMaster Elite 310 Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Side Panel Window (Blue Colour) Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Default Case Fan CPU: AMD FX-4350 4.20 GHz Quad-Core AM3+ CPU 4MB L3 Cache & Turbo Core Technology Overclocking Service: No Overclocking Cooling Fan: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling system w/ 120mm Radiator (AMD) (Asetek CPU Water Cooling (AMD) Overclockable XXX) Coolant for Cyberpower Advance WaterCooling Kits: NONE Motherboard: ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 AMD 760G (780L) Chipset, Micro-ATX mainboard w/ 4 RAM slots, 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-II, 1 PCIe X16, 1 PCIe X1, & 2 PCI Memory: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3/1600mhz Dual Channel Memory (Kingston HyperX Blu w/Heat Spreader) Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 7770 1GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (Major Brand Powered by AMD) Video Card 2: None, or On-Board Integrated Graphics Video Capture Card: None Power Supply Upgrade: 500 Watts Power Supplies (CoolerMaster Elite 500watt Gaming Power Supply) Hard Drive: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s Cache 7200RPM Hard Drive (Single Hard Drive) External Hard Drive (USB 3.0/2.0/eSATA): None Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE. (BLACK Colour) Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO Network: ONBOARD 10/1000 NETWORK CARD USB Port: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports Operating System: NONE - FORMAT HARD DRIVE ONLY(NO OVERCLOCKING AVALIABLE) Media Center Remote & TV Tuner: NONE Warranty Service: DESKTOP STANDARD WARRANTY: 3 Year Labour, 2 Year Parts, 1 Month Collect and Return plus Life-Time Technical Support

If you can suggest another gaming computer that will run Rome 2 Total War, or Empire Total War please list them!

Chronos the 2nd 10:50 25 Aug 2013

It would be really useful to have an idea of what your budget is?

Chronos the 2nd 10:57 25 Aug 2013

I found one of your PC's.

Cyberpower.

Alienware 51. Cannot find the actual one but I am assuming your budget is around £500-£600 is that about right? Do you need operating system,keyboard/mouse and monitor?

Danielrebe 15:40 25 Aug 2013

That is correct, that's the highest I will go on the budget. I'm not looking for a monitor, keyboard/mouse. I'm just looking for a gaming desktop computer on it's own.

Danielrebe 15:43 25 Aug 2013

These were the true I was looking at:

click here tHE £599.00 ONE, OR THE £699.one.

And the last was:

click here

Chronos the 2nd 16:13 25 Aug 2013

Have a look at this one:

Chillblast Fusion Elixir

Or this which is a little bit more but there is a discount:

Chillblast Fusion Hive Minecraft

Both are better than the Alienware I feel and Chillblast has a good name in customer service.

The Cyberpower is also reasonable but I know little of the company.

mart7 16:45 25 Aug 2013

I agree i would not buy the dell alienware pc you are buying the name not the components,chillblast are far better constructed systems

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?