i'm confused!!

mad1234 10:13 22 Aug 2006

quite frankly thats not hard!
i want to build a web site but i am confused what is best to use
there are so many different programs to build websites & then there is html, dhtml, java script etc.
i could really do with some recomendations as to which free(preferably)web builder to use & advice on what html, dhtml & java script are

your advice would be much appreciated

gibbs1984 12:06 22 Aug 2006

Hi,

I'm relatively new to building websites myself but I coded my last one and used a book called Build Your Own Web Site The Right Way Using HTML & CSS.

I use Dreamweaver 8 for building my websites but I believe Dreamweaver isn't cheap and I'm sure someone else can ell you about free ones.

If your this new to building websites then I wouldn't recommend coding in dhtml & javascript yetas you may get put off by the jargon.

HTML and CSS are the easiest languages for you to learn without prior knowledge of website building and then you could go on and learn a language like PHP, ASP, JavaScript etc

mad1234 12:11 22 Aug 2006

thanks gibbs1984
can i buy "Build Your Own Web Site The Right Way Using HTML & CSS" from any book store or would i have to go to a pc store?

slightlymad 12:54 22 Aug 2006

And they have it click here

mad1234 13:44 22 Aug 2006

slightlymad

thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?