Illegal Operation

Pidder 18:28 18 Nov 2003

Win 98SE. I'm getting an illegal op message with Ulead Photoexpress program. IP(? can't read this)20 caused an invalid page fault in module U32FILE.DLL at... Is this a missing dll, if so how can I get it back? Thanks.

recap 18:43 18 Nov 2003

click here and then click on the `U`, this will direct you to a list of .dll's. Click on your .dll that is giving you the problem and it should download for you.

Pidder 18:57 18 Nov 2003

recap.
Thanks, I've saved it to my "Downloads" file. What program should I use to open it?

recap 19:04 18 Nov 2003

I would expect it to be Ulead Photoexpress program?

Pidder 19:56 18 Nov 2003

recap.

The download is an "application extension". Don't see that PhotoExpress is an appropriate file to open it with.

Rtus 20:19 18 Nov 2003

Method ..The downloaded dll file is to replace your aparantly damaged one > Do a find (search) for on C drive U32FILE.DLL It should be somewhere else on your system other than your downloads folder . When found note its location address > the in the results field of the search right click and rename the old file U32FILEold.exe> Now go to your downloads folder find the file and right click that choose COPY > now move to the folder the containing the old file and right click & paste it there..

Pidder 18:36 19 Nov 2003

Rtus.

Thanks.I've tried renaming as you suggest but get "access denied". I'll try uninstalling PhotoExpress and see if this makes any difference.

P.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?