Illegal downloaders 'face UK ban' it has started

jamich 23:10 19 Apr 2008

hi, i was wondering how many other people thing the same about this as i do????

read this click here please and let me know what you thing about it...

virgin media already started with their download monitoring program i cought them lowering my download speed to a half from 2meg to 1meg just because i was downloading large file before 5 and 8 PM. i rang CS and tried to explain that i have unlimited download but they would not understand that. its imposible to go around it (the monitoring program) it aplies for all customers so forget about unlimited download with virgin they are wotching you. i had to copmplain to get some refund for cuting my speed but as i said it has already started and i thing it will get much worse and i was not downloading anything ilegal. i thing that ilegal is what virgin is doing now its definitely breaching of contract between virgin and customers.they dont see it that way but i know its true why would i get £50 in credit from them if i was wrong???

what do you thing ????

rossgolf 23:14 19 Apr 2008

had the same happen to me. were on the "unlimited download" package but after 300mb we get cut from 2mb to 1mb sometimes lower...have complained but keep getting people in india and places like that

jamich 23:17 19 Apr 2008

hi, this is the place where you have to complain click here you will hear from virgin representative in few hours i guarantee ypou that

jamich 23:19 19 Apr 2008

virgin my reconsider their move with their Monitoring program if meny people complain about it

jamich 23:22 19 Apr 2008

i just dont get it why are they doing this if they dont have to? are they sticking their noses to the government a...? they just going to lose more of their customers and this is all not necesery.

thank you virgin ....

Dipso 00:26 20 Apr 2008

Why are you linking to that article if you were not downloading anything illegal? This doesn't seem to be anything to do with the governments plans and just an issue with Virgin's traffic management?

wiz-king 08:11 20 Apr 2008

If you look at Virgin's fair use policy you will see that they have been running this for a while. click here A quick search of this forum will throw up several threads.

tullie 08:53 20 Apr 2008

This is int he wrong forum,however,are we talking about ilegal downloading or the amount of your downloading,if they are illegal downloads ive got no problem with that.

dagbladet 09:42 20 Apr 2008

tullie

jamich stated in the opening post that "i was not downloading anything ilegal".

Why did you choose to focus on that aspect?

tullie 09:59 20 Apr 2008

Why do you have to ask the question?I was generalising regarding Virgin.

FatboySlim71 11:28 20 Apr 2008

I am getting tired about people saying they have "unlimited downloads"

The message is:

THERE IS NO SUCH THING HAS UNLIMITED DOWNLOADS, ALL THE SO CALLED UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD LIMIT ISP'S HAVE A FAIR USE POLICY.

My advice is to read the terms and conditions of you ISP and you will see that they have a fair use policy, it should tell you what they class has fair use, if they don't then contact your ISP and asks them to explain what they call "FAIR USE"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?