iiYAMA monitor problem

Night Ryder 22:12 31 Jul 2004

I have a iiYAMA "Vision Master 17" monitor. This is a problem I've been chasing for some time now. The best way I can describe the effect is that periodicaly object will appear on the screen with their assiciated colouring displaced or smearing to the right hand side. A sort of ghosting effect. I've replaced the VGA cable and even tried different graphics cards but the problem still remains. I've witnesed the same effect on a iiYAMA monitor at my place of work. When the fault is present I can temporarily cure it by just wiggling the VGA cable around but it will always re appear. If I push against front of the monitor gently causing it to rock for a second or two the effect varies in intensity. It's almost like some kind of earthing problem. The only way I can permanently fix the problem is to use A VGA to the five BNC connector input.
This is all very well but I have two computers and it would be nice to take advantage of both inputs to the monitor. Has anyone else experienced this problem with iiYAMA CRT monitors?

pipedream 22:38 31 Jul 2004

I've had a couple of these monitors but not seen or heard of this problem - is it still under warranty by any chance? (they usually some as standard with a 3-year on-site warranty).

pipedream 22:39 31 Jul 2004

... that should have read "come as standard.."

Night Ryder 22:56 31 Jul 2004

Thanks for input but as I said in my first posting I've seen this effect on more than one monitor, The one I use at home and one that is in use at my place of work.

wee eddie 15:41 01 Aug 2004

As the same effect sometimes happens for you at work, look for coincidences or actions that you take in both places.

For instance:

I have a wrist band with magnets in it.

Some speakers are badly shielded.

I believe that the Remote Car Key may be able to cause a such problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone