IIS and asp problems.

Parklife 23:57 30 Apr 2004

Help needed please. Have installed IIS running win xp pro. Have created a folder(dreamweaver) and placed this at wwwroot\dreamweaver\mysite where mysite is my folder containing my pages(files). Have inserted a simple asp script to test the server but the code will not execute. When trying to set up the testing server....click here I get a message saying that i cannot use the path i am specifying. If i just insert click here and test the server it will accept this but obviously there is no path to my site. I have deleted the dreamweaver folder and just had wwwroot\mysite but still get path not allowed when using click here. IIS is set up correctly. I have even tried to alter homepage in IIS default web to wwwroot\mysite but to no avail. Can anyone help. I really want to get into asp but without testing on my own pc am getting annoyed. Cheers.

Taran 00:12 01 May 2004

Did you use the built in browser to find your testing server folder ?

Under Local info in the site setup you should have this:

C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\dreamweaver\mysite
The testing server folder should read:

C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\dreamweaver\mysite
This assumes that you have Windows and IIS installed on drive letter C:

Just below that, your URL prefix should have been filled in automatically to reflect the above details, and should read:

click here

Note the ending \ on the end of the folder path and the / on the end of the testing URL.

I suspect your folder path or URL is missing one of the slashes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?