If I don't re -new My Mcafee virus scan ?

smy13 14:08 15 Jan 2006

Does all my security suite stop working. I like the suite as I'm used to using the Privacy service and parental controls If these stay active I'm all for giving one of the free virus scanners a whirl I don't need the spam filtering as my ISP takes care of that for me anyway.

Any thoughts

PaulB2005 14:09 15 Jan 2006

It'll carry on working but you can't get any updates so it'll only detect risks up that exist up to the date the license ends.

PaulB2005 14:10 15 Jan 2006

Try AVG click here or Avast click here

Both free for home use. Remove McAfee first though...

smy13 14:33 15 Jan 2006

thanks are there any free parental controls/privacy services out there

Stevie07 18:55 15 Jan 2006

I had the same problem. I liked McAfee, but wasn't prepared to spend zillions for another years subscription. Got an original Internet Suite 7 CD on ebay and allowed another years updates. Just watch out for copies.

Mytob 19:49 15 Jan 2006

Little hint try rolling back your clock in the bios by a year :) I not on kaspersky that works and you get another year free subscription lol. I would use kaspersky pro as its the best one i have ever found and highly recomend it. Its available for the same price as macaffe and is updated several times a day. Also check out clamwin as this is a opensource av scanner and is also updeted very regualy but it does not have a on access scanner though.

smy13 22:19 15 Jan 2006

go info guys thanks as you say stevie07 it's good but the price starts to grate a bit one you know what's out there for nowt

spuds 22:30 15 Jan 2006

Should you need Parental Control freeware click here

spuds 22:32 15 Jan 2006

Whoops, faulty link, try click here

Strawballs 23:47 15 Jan 2006

Try going to the uninstall in control panel and uninstalling all of the components except the privacy service if that is all that you want and then install one of the free anti virus programs that have been recomended.

I use macafee suit and have removed 2 of the components and the other 2 still work fine.

smy13 19:56 16 Jan 2006

gave you're suggestion a go worked great thanks all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?