If help is needed

User-178362 22:11 19 Sep 2005

How do I know if anyone is on line ready to help

stalion 22:13 19 Sep 2005

it's pot luck but if we are here we will help there is nearly always someone to help with problems on this forum

mec13 22:34 19 Sep 2005

I'm speaking from experience sea princess, when-ever,or whatever help or guidance I've needed in the past, and believe me I've thrown some problems to this forum, someone has responded.

Keep em coming, it give us lesser mortals something else to read, and those high ranking 'techies' something else to do.;-)

VoG II 22:42 19 Sep 2005

You can't know on this forum. Usually there are loads.

Forum Editor 22:45 19 Sep 2005

You can almost guarantee that there will be many people on the site at any hour of the day or night.

That doesn't mean that someone will answer your plea for help immediately - it's up to individuals to decide which threads they respond to, and sometimes it can take a little while.

justme 08:28 20 Sep 2005

Just to clarify things, although the site is hosted by PCA the people who reply to problems are just ordinary members like yourself.

Nobody is paid to sit and answer the problems and it just depends who is logged in at the time whether your problem is answered quickly or not.

I know that at times it seems that the same people reply to most of the threads but they are not PCA members of staff. If your particular problem is not resolved quickly then do not worry as someone will almost certainly reply whenever they next log on.

With almost 175,000 members there is every chance that someone will have encountered your problem before and know the answer.

palinka 16:07 20 Sep 2005

justme has said it all; you don't know, but in my experience someone always replies, and often within an hour or less. (I posted a problem this afternoon and first response arrived within 30 mins). If you've left a tick in the box that says "you will be notified by email when someone responds" (or some such phrase)that's the way you'll find out. You can then connect to the site and read the response.

bobbybowls 17:05 20 Sep 2005

If you find that the post has gone to page 2 or 3 you can post to it your self to "bump" it back to page one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?