iexplore.exe.Good or Bad program

birdface 19:25 03 Apr 2007

While looking through an old thread I opened this program which lets you know what is real programs and what is virus's,click here looking through it I came across iexplore.exe,Now on that program it says it is a Trojan,So checking my Task Manager I found it in there and under memory usage it has 45,000k.If this is a virus or trojan how did none of my security find it ,And how would I find and delete it.

birdface 19:27 03 Apr 2007

click here if it works this time.

VoG II 19:29 03 Apr 2007

Depends where it is. If it is in c:\program files\internet explorer then it is Internet Explorer.

birdface 19:29 03 Apr 2007

dont seem to want to work for me,click here

beynac 19:32 03 Apr 2007

It depends on the location. It's Internet Explorer if the location is: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

Anywhere else and it's probably bad.

birdface 19:39 03 Apr 2007

Thanks Vog,In Task Manager it has my name beside it,I also have exlorer.exe with my name beside it,I take it both are Internet explorer and I am just panicing for no reason,Computer has not been running to well lately and i thought that I had found the culprit.

VoG II 19:46 03 Apr 2007

iexplore.exe is Internet Explorer.

explorer.exe is the Windows Program Manager or Windows Explorer. This runs the Windows graphical interface and normally should always be running.

birdface 20:11 03 Apr 2007

Thanks also Beynac,Done a search,1 file under C:\program Files\Internet Explorer,5 under C:\Windows,And 1 other iexplore.exe.mui .that was also under C:\program files\ Internet Explorer but with unknown application on it,Some of them printed in blue the rest in black,But they look ok.

birdface 20:15 03 Apr 2007

Thanks for your help lads will now click as resolved.

VoG II 20:15 03 Apr 2007

Why some of them are in blue click here

birdface 20:19 03 Apr 2007

Vog thanks for clearing that up for me,I learn something new every day,keep up the good work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?