iexplore problems- again!

aqua52 14:01 01 Feb 2008

When I Start/Turn Off Computer/Turn Off my laptop says
End Program - iexplore.exe This program is not responding. To return to Windows and check the status of the program, click Cancel. If you choose to end the program immediately you will lose any unsaved data. To end the program now, click End.
When I say End or Cancel, it went to Windows but I can't shutdown.
I went to Windows Task Manager and although there was nothing under Applications, in Processes there is 12! - twelve!! Image Name of iexplore.exe - all have slightly different Mem Usage.
Should I delete iexplore.exe or what?? My laptop is Fujitsu Amilo Pro and it works with HP officejet printer
I'm definatly an absolute beginner so please be nice!!
Any help would be good for me

Totally-braindead 14:24 01 Feb 2008

See if this helps click here

aqua52 18:32 01 Feb 2008

Thanks for the support.microsoft I have printed out the info so will try everything there hopefully it may help me

aqua52 19:09 01 Feb 2008

I have Version 6.0 2900.2180 so decided to do Method 3 : Repair IE6 by using the System File Checker BUT it says it cannot find sfc/scannow so I went to Method 4 : Reinstall IE6 by using the Ie inf file, I did 1,2,3 but it says that 'Files needed' - what do I do now???

jaritch 19:14 01 Feb 2008

Change to Firefox!!

aqua52 19:22 01 Feb 2008

I HAVE Firefox and Mozilla but don't understand how to put MSN and Hotmail on them!!!
Sorry - I'm definatly totally-braindead the second!

lotvic 21:37 01 Feb 2008

sfc /scannow

there is a space after the c and before the /

aqua52 23:09 01 Feb 2008

Thanks for sfc /scannow and it started with Windows File Protection then it says 'Files that are required for Windows to run properly must be copied to the DLL Cache. Insert your Windows XP Home Edition CD-ROM'
So I put in the CD but it asks different prompts and I don't understand which one to use- it says
- Instal Windows XP
- Learn more about the setup process
- Instal optional Windows components
- Perform additional tasks
- Check system compatibility

I did check the last one but it says 'Setup unable to load D:\i386\WINNTUPG\NETUPGRD.DLL.- says that the system cannot find the file

What do I do now???????

lotvic 12:14 02 Feb 2008

sounds as if the XP cd is autorunning
Try: either hold down the shift key (to stop it loading setup) when you insert the CD
or
when the setup menu (-Install Windows XP etc menu) loads, close/exit from that menu

BUSYLISSE 00:47 15 Feb 2008

download windows one care ,it should do the trick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?