IEv6 will not allow me onto eBay.co.uk?

A-R 18:07 06 Oct 2004

I have been trying to get onto click here but everytime I try I get sent to click here. The only way around this is to goto click here

I have used Norton AntiVirus, SpyBot & AdAware just in case but I can't seem to find anything.

Has anyone else suffered from this problem? Does anyone have any ideas on how to correct it?

Valvegrid 19:31 06 Oct 2004

I'm just wondering if you've suffered a re-direction Trojan or hijack and what you are seeing are the remnants.

In explorer, do a search for 'Hosts' without the quotation marks. You may see click here amongst other sites in there. If there are post back here, if there are none I'm on the wrong track.

happy dragon 19:34 06 Oct 2004

have you tried downloading their own tool bar and getting on their web page that way ?

A-R 20:09 06 Oct 2004

Valvegrid - When you say do a search for hosts in explorer I take it you mean a complete search of my hard drive? I have done that already and found nothing. If you mean something else then I apologise for not uderstanding.

happy dragon - I have resolved getting on their web page by other means... I just don't like the fact that I can't do it directly.

gudgulf 21:05 06 Oct 2004

click here

Try running Microworlds escanner click here

See if that gets rid of anything.

VoG II 21:19 06 Oct 2004

If it is a HOSTS redirection the HOSTS file would be in

C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc

in Windows 2000 and XP, or in

C:\windows

in earlier versions.

A-R 23:01 06 Oct 2004

Cheers for your advice. Unfortunately, the problem has been solved... I say unfortunately because I have no clue how it was done... As far as i can tell I have done nothing of note that I would say could have fixed the problem... once again my PC gives me another mystery that I may never understand...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?