IE/FF do they use/need different Flash Players?

Technotiger 22:48 01 Feb 2007

Hi All, having just seen Skidzys' advice to another member in another thread, I have now installed the latest Firefox 2, not used it before. Tried to run a news video clip from MSN(UK) but was prompted to download/install IE6 and Flashplayer. I already have IE6 and Flashplayer both working perfectly together, so why doesn't FF recognise this fact? My sons' website ( click here ) videos run perfectly in FF and in IE6, so why do the MSN Video clips not run in FF too?

TIA ...

Technotiger 22:51 01 Feb 2007

PS - forgot to say .... XP (SP2)..

skidzy 22:53 01 Feb 2007

Yes Techno,Firefox needs the non IE version click here

skidzy 22:54 01 Feb 2007

I believe you have had this problem before with an earlier version of Firefox.....am i correct Techno.

Technotiger 23:03 01 Feb 2007

Hi, not with Firefox, I had the problem earlier with IE7 not wanting to play videos. IE6 has always been OK with videos. I am now running IE6 and the latest FF. I will now try your link. Will let you know.

Cheers.

Technotiger 23:10 01 Feb 2007

Tried your link, downloaded Non IE Flashplayer, still does not play News Video Clips from my Home page which is msn.co.uk ..... but plays my from my sons' site ok.

Not too bothered, just a little niggle really as I now have both IE6 and FF2, so got the best of both Worlds, so to speak.

Cheers and Thanks

skidzy 23:19 01 Feb 2007

Ive just tried the video from msn home page and agreed it says IE6 and will not play on my Firefox.No doubt its just a matter of a plugin/extension.

Technotiger 23:30 01 Feb 2007

Thanks again for trying - I have just been having another go too, with same results. Never-mind, I am now using both IE6 and FF2. I tried the plug-in route, no go.

Cheers

Stuartli 01:23 02 Feb 2007

I use Firefox for 95-98 per cent of the day and Internet Explorer for the rest - I have both versions of Flash Player on my system and they blend perfectly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?