IE9 Installation - Where is it?

Housten 12:24 03 Apr 2011

Good afternoon,

I have been reading here within the forums of people having trouble installing/getting it working. As I was happy with IE8 I decided to wait and see when I was 'offered' it in the multi-weekly updates that are sent out by MS. I don't seem to have had the offer and I would like to know why - but I can't be bothered asking MS. What I would like to know is: a) is it worth installing and if so b) where do I go to get the download?

Many thanks for any information/help/advice.

Taff™ 12:42 03 Apr 2011

Download click here Is it worth having? Personally I like it much more than IE8 and didn`t have any problems installing it.

mimosa418 13:27 03 Apr 2011

Are you on XP.
IE9 only for Vista or Win7

Housten 16:30 03 Apr 2011

Taff™/mimosa418

Thanks for your speedy replies! I have been doing some maintenace on my computer this afternoon and the wife has said I am now late for my bath. I don't as I am retired so I will carry on tomorrow - no time constraints ( well sometimes ) do have some advantages!!

mimosa418

I have Windows 7 Home Premium, so the download I would have thought would have continued to nag me until I downloaded it, but no it is not listed at all and will use Taff™'s link to do so.

Once again many thanks to both of you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?