IE8 and Word problem

Housten 12:27 26 Mar 2010

Good afternoon,

I am not exactly sure if this is the right place, but if not then please accept my apologies.

I wrote a letter of complaint that I wished my wife to 'polish up' as I tend to get angry and let it show - so she can use better language to express my thoughts.

Having taken three days over this using Word on my desktop she suggested that I emailed it to me so she could access it on her laptop last night and would not have to go into the room with the desktop. I did this by inserting it into an email, she altered and saved it but we couldn't find it. It turned out that when she opened it she also opened an 'imported' copy of Word so this did not save it back to the email, but instead

Housten 14:16 26 Mar 2010

WHOOPS!! Many apologies for first posting! I went to lunch and shut down my broadband, not realising that what I had already written would be posted rather than canceled. Anyway my query is:-

I wrote a letter of complaint that I wished my wife to 'polish up' as I tend to get angry and let it show - as she can use better language to express my thoughts.

Having taken three days over this using Word on my desktop she suggested that I emailed it to me so she could access it on her laptop last night and she could work on it in our lounge. I did this by inserting it into an email, which she altered and saved but which we couldn't then find. It turned out that when she opened the email she had had to open an 'imported' copy of Word to read the letter. But when she saved it the letter was not saved back into the email, but instead to a “new” folder. This folder was listed as a sub-folder of ‘C:/Network’ and down a further 7 sub-sub-folders ( whose list I have ), and which I only found I realised that the file we were looking at was not the amended one but the original. The only problem is that using Windows Explorer there do not appear to be any sub-folders on the laptop to “C:/Network”. So I have absolutely no idea where these ‘saved’ files are, or even if the saving was actually carried out. If any one has any idea where these files could be I would be very grateful if you could tell me. We have now used a flash drive, which I suppose is what I should have done in the first place.

northumbria61 22:56 26 Mar 2010

Have you tried searching for the file?

Go to START - search files and folders - put in name of file.

northumbria61 22:47 28 Mar 2010

Hi Housten - have you managed to resolve this yet?

Housten 19:39 05 Apr 2010

northumbria61
Many thanks for your reply, and my apologies for not checking earlier for it. However if you find ‘fixonclick – has anyone dealt with this firm?’ in the Helproom forum I hope you see why I have been busy this week! Anyway as far as your reply goes what we did was copy the file on to a pen drive, and then off again after my wife had finished with it. However I have just tried your suggestion, and the laptop did find the file, but on clicking on it a box with ‘problem with shortcut’ came up informing me that the short cut with the file name and ‘.lnk’ added, refers to a connection that could not be found. However it may be that if an imported copy of Word is open, with internet links then it may be possible to find it. I may try this sometime, but in the meantime I will mark the problem as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?