IE8 Text size problem lockup.

mooly 16:22 27 Mar 2009

How do I correct this.
Using "tools" in IE8 I can alter the text size. No problem there.
Some webpages display with very small text size that this feature won't alter, but having viewed one of these, it then causes my home page ( Yahoo mail) to continually display very small (microscopic) text for reading and writing email... the surrounding text is normal. The text size control then has no effect. Have to exit IE8 and reopen for it to work again.

rawprawn 16:38 27 Mar 2009

Excuse me for saying, but you seem to be having a succession of problems with IE8. How much consideration have you given to reverting back to IE7?
Or do you like it so much that it is worth the hassle?

^wave^ 17:18 27 Mar 2009

try the zoom setting

mooly 18:12 27 Mar 2009

I don't mind you saying at all. It's been a total disaster.
If I don't install in safe mode it just freezes on install. The "strange graphics" and part missing desktop background were because the install procedure was altering the "desktop theme" to Windows Classic.
And so to using it. Well I had to find out... and I've learnt a lot too. The font size on my Yahoo email client was the last straw. Why should it change ? when you have viewed a particular website.
So I HAVE reverted to IE7... thanks Acronis once again.
Using zoom...erm... I don't want to faff about really, not changing things for different sites, I want it to be at least as good as it was with IE7, and it isn't.
It's been interesting, I've learnt a lot too.

Sea Urchin 18:26 27 Mar 2009

Do you really need to keep using Acronis - I've just rolled back to IE7 by uninstalling IE8 via Add/Remove Programs.

mooly 18:56 27 Mar 2009

Good question. I read somewhere, that using for example system restore doesn't delete all the files etc as you roll back.
Dunno... I know Acronis takes me 100% back, and I've been careful in the past with what I install and so on, and want to keep everything as near perfect as possible. With IE7 it really is 99.9% stable now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?