IE8 stops responding on ONE site only.

mooly 11:16 28 Jun 2009

One site I have been trying to use,
click here
which comes highly recommended from many sources always and every time just causes IE8 to go to a white screen with the message "Internet explorer has stopped responding"
Never had IE8 do this on any other site. In the end I got what I wanted from another source but just wondered why this happens.

rawprawn 11:19 28 Jun 2009

It doesn't work for me either, but it doesn't crash IE 8. I think there is a problem with taht web page.

JoeC 11:20 28 Jun 2009
  Eargasm 11:21 28 Jun 2009

"Sorry, the page you were looking for cannot be found" is the message i get with IE8 but it does not crash it.

rawprawn 11:22 28 Jun 2009

Try this address
click here

mooly 11:29 28 Jun 2009

Can't keep up here...
Right, my link at the doesn't work ! I just typed it in as a click here't copy and paste because it's frozen.
Tried again from Google. Same scenario, enters the site OK, I browse and the cursor changes to the hourglass symbol, the screen goes milky white with the site in the background and all is frozen.
Have to use task manager to shut IE down. Tried it on and off for a week now.

mooly 11:34 28 Jun 2009

Rawprawn, again the same from your link, just browse a few links on the site and it totally locks up.

rawprawn 11:46 28 Jun 2009

Try disabling the add ons in IE8

lotvic 11:50 28 Jun 2009

No problems with Firefox and I did click on several links round the site.

Could it be a compatibility issue in IE?

mooly 12:07 28 Jun 2009

Disabled ALL add on's and thought it was going to be OK. Browsed and tried downloading a driver. All OK.
And then it froze again. That's the furthest I have got into the site.

Graphicool1 12:26 28 Jun 2009

When IE8 was released as a beta many websites were behaving in this manner. At that time it was reported that many websites would have to be updated to support IE8. I can only suggest that the website in question, wasn't updated!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?