IE8 slow? Maybe this tweak will help

ste76 19:58 27 Mar 2009
  birdface 20:03 27 Mar 2009

Hi.Have you tried it and is it any good.I find IE8 fairly quick and would be surprised if it ran any quicker.

sunnystaines 20:28 27 Mar 2009

ste76 posted it at the end of a large thread on ie8. i tried its excellent [site down at present]

but its

Start prompt……type cmd
Right click cmd.exe
Choose run as administrator
Type regsvr32 actxprxy.dll
Press enter
Restart pc

i got fast opening of pages and links, new tabs still 3-4 seconds to open. i was well impressed

VoG II 21:01 27 Mar 2009

Tried it - no joy. New tabs still take an age to open.

sunnystaines 21:04 27 Mar 2009

VoG™

have tried disable add-ons. I found "speedbit" add-on clashed on my system slowing tabs to 13 seconds to open

grey george 21:27 27 Mar 2009

Tried it on my vista home premium made no difference. Some time the tabs open instantaneously and most others everything pauses for a while.

grey george 21:44 27 Mar 2009

I looked for add ons but I do not have "speedbit", I did find under tools "developer tools" (f12) was this there on ie7? I don't remember it.

birdface 23:22 27 Mar 2009

Tried it on Xp.Not much difference that I can see.but certainly not any slower.

Stuartli 00:25 28 Mar 2009

Lucky you...:-)

I'm so fed up with IE8 (even though I use Firefox for 98 per cent of my time) that I'm seriously considering despatching it to the Recycle Bin.

sunnystaines 08:23 28 Mar 2009

Those with slow ie8 must have a software clash if the fix by ste76 does not work. look at disabling security, antispyware, or something else you may have that hooks into net related browsing.

I was in the treacle but now have a fast ie8, also to note the info on spybot's web about ie8 is correct i found it did not slow my ie8.[not using their beta]

birdface 09:07 28 Mar 2009

I know what you mean.I have the same problem with Firefox so downloaded Google Chrome to give that a try and get more blue colors with that than I do with Firefox and no Toolbar with it.I have had no problems with IE8 and it is running fairly fast and I am quite happy with it at the moment,So it is a bit hard to see any difference using ste76's click here.Having problems being logged out of PCA but not sure if its a IE8 problem or what.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone