IE8 pop-up problem

Drum 16:54 05 Jan 2011

Hi Folks.
I’ve got a new problem with my W7 64bit Vaio Laptop running IE8.
When I click on key words on my website which are designed to initiate a pop-up photo, the pop-up starts but then fails to load fully, and flashes like this for a while before a box appears telling me that IE has encountered an error and needs to close. It gives two options .. either close the program and search for a solution online, or close the program.
Unfortunately neither option does anything, and the failing pop-up continues to flash until I close IE the normal way.
My WXP PC also running IE8 has no problem displaying the very same pop-ups!

I’ve tried various setting changes like turning off the pop-up blocker and allowing the website permission to show pop-ups etc., but nothing seems to stop this occurring.

I’m wondering if I should just forget about IE and try a new browser, but which one?
As always any advice much appreciated.

mfletch 19:04 05 Jan 2011

Is your flash player up to date usually Adobe

Drum 10:03 06 Jan 2011

Thanks for your response mfletch, ...good question, I hadn't considered that.
I regularly update my laptop, but don't know which version of Adobe Flash player I have running on this, or on my W. XP computer come to that. How do I find this out ?
Isn't Flash player for showing Flash video content, or does this also come into play for displaying photographs ?
Is this the same as QuickTime ?
Also discovered today that my XP computer is running I.E 6 not 8.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?