IE8 Oddity

gengiscant 11:44 27 Nov 2010

[IMG]click here[/IMG] This appears on my better half's PC.Its very unlikely to be an addon as she only has A1 Roboform installed.
This is not a constant occurrence but an annoyance nevertheless.

johndrew 11:50 27 Nov 2010

This is the standard Google UK site page click here, presumably she has it as her default browser page. The 'new' Firefox Google site page looks like this click here.

Or am I missing something?

Sea Urchin 11:55 27 Nov 2010

Go to Tools - Internet Options and select a new Home Page

gengiscant 12:12 27 Nov 2010

I could not see how altering the home page would get rid of the black bars shown in my posted image, but I tried it anyway. No difference.

johndrew

"Or am I missing something?"

The black bars perhaps?

rdave13 12:38 27 Nov 2010

This might help; click here

gengiscant 13:15 27 Nov 2010

Thanks tried that,no joy,I must admit I have never had one of Microsoft's Fix It buttons work.

birdface 13:36 27 Nov 2010

Could you copy and paste from the address bar on here just to see if we also pick it up in black if not it would probably be something to do with your display settings.

Sea Urchin 14:35 27 Nov 2010

Sorry - I thought you were referring to the Google page. johndrew obviously thought the same. I couldn't quite believe it from someone with your computer knowledge - I guess mention of black toolbars in the question might have helped, but I'll try harder next time:@)

gengiscant 15:12 27 Nov 2010

No problem,for a moment I thought I had managed to post an image that did not show the black bars.

gengiscant 16:23 27 Nov 2010

Thanks folks,"x7-250's" link pointed me in the right direction.
Thanks again.Sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017