IE8 New Tab Change Address Bar to Google Default?

gcook 14:21 27 Jul 2009

When I open a new tab in IE8 it automatically highlights the address bar text. So if I start typing immediately it types into the address bar.

Is it possible for the default to start typing in my google toolbar instead?

Thanks in advance.

T I M B O 15:06 27 Jul 2009

If you have google as ur home page, then whats the point in tool bars that cover up the web page you wish to look at. So all i am saying is, tool bars take up space on the hard drive that could be better used for something more worthwhile.

Also there are major problems still with IE 8, this is why it's not pre installed on Win 7 thats comming out soon.

Open IE 8 and click on tools>>internet options, there you should see box there with ur home page. Press enter and that will put the cursor under the other address. Type in what what you would like to have open as ur 2nd page. But if you wish each new tab to be opened with google, then that cant be done.

You could also use whats called "Links" and you can drag google there also, so if you click to open a new tab then click on that google on the Links bar, then that will open google for you.

gcook 16:11 28 Jul 2009

Thanks timbo, I know there are other options such as the ones you mention, just wondering if it could be done or not. It seems not, thanks anyway,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017