IE8 history won't keep

Muergo 01:36 14 Nov 2010

I can't get IE8 to keep more than the current days history, I've loooked everywhere for the option to clear it each day so I can turn it off, but can't find it.

mooly 08:08 14 Nov 2010

Look at "tools" "internet options" and next to delete browsing history click settings and make sure the "days to keep history" is set to say 7 or 20 etc.

Make sure you haven't got IE8 set to delete history on exit which is a tick box on the internet option general tab next to the delete button.

No 3rd party progs set to run daily and wipe stuff ?

Eargasm 08:09 14 Nov 2010

Tools /Internet Options / browsing History / Settings then just alter the days to keep pages in history.

Muergo 08:19 14 Nov 2010

I am using firefox 4 and there is just options which have delete maximum of one day, but I have unchecked all the items so see if that works, won't know until tomorrow.

I have to use FF4 as per previous thread I cannot retrieve FF3.6

sunnystaines 09:04 14 Nov 2010

ff4 history will not show up in ie8.

do you have a utility like iobit ASC, norton 360, ccleaner etc that may be deleting the history.

Muergo 12:16 14 Nov 2010

I am not expecting FF4 to show in IE8, just IE8 history.

You may have a point about Iobit ASC, I do have that running, I will ensure that the Privacy sweep is unchecked.

Muergo 11:50 15 Nov 2010

Thanks Sunny Staines DH, it was ASC Iobit that was cleaning off my history every day.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone