1. Open Internet Explorer and click on Tools and then Internet Options.
2. Click on the security tab and uncheck the box next to "Enable Protected Mode".
3. Close all Internet Explorer 8 (IE 8) windows and then open IE 8.
4. Click on Tools and then Internet Options again.
5. Click on the button for Custom Level.
6. Scroll down to the Downloads section.
7. Under File Download click on the bubble next to Enable then click on OK to close the Security Settings window and OK again to close the Internet Options Window.
After you click Download File, a File Download dialog box will open asking if you want to open or save the file. To save the file on your PC, click Save. IE will open the "Save As" dialog box; here you will choose a location for the file, such as My Documents or the Desktop.