IE8 cannot find page when I try to go in via ISP

helangel 12:22 15 Jul 2009

Since I installed IE8 following an update prompt the other weekend I have only successfully connected to the internet once and that was after spending half an hour ont he phone to orange. They said they've had a number of people phoning with the same problem.

I've tried following the solution they said would work should I have problems again - rebooting the modem - to no avail.

Please can someone advise in layman's terms how I can get my internet up and running again?

Cheers

T I M B O 13:24 15 Jul 2009

System restore and delete IE8. Then reboot and go to windows update and block that update & stick with IE7 or earlier.

helangel 14:23 15 Jul 2009

Thanks but would rather not do a system restore as I have software on there I don't have discs for anymore. I was hoping there's some kind of patch for it as a quick solution as I have tons of other things needing my time?

T I M B O 14:32 15 Jul 2009

Depending on the time you have installed IE 8, you might still be ok to go ot add & remove. System restore will not delete everything, just what choose what you wish to remove.

lotvic 14:50 15 Jul 2009

Are you using the computer to post on here using a different browser?
Is your problem actually getting an Internet Connection or is it that IE8 won't display Orange homepage?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?