IE7,Downloaded.And computer running faster.

birdface 13:42 19 Oct 2006

Hi, Downloaded the new Internet Explorer7,And have noticed a big improvement on Browsing speeds.Even with the Phishing filter turned on.Computer running a lot faster than normal, Anybody else have the same experiance.So far so good.

sean-278262 14:07 19 Oct 2006

I have not bothered with IE as I found firefox to be infinately better and Opera just as useful. Plus you avoid a huge number of risks posed by using IE as it is the most hacked. Just my personal opinion on the matter.

pennyben 14:27 19 Oct 2006

I have been using IE 7 for months and it is very good. It is faster than Firefox and the security is much, much improved.

anskyber 14:39 19 Oct 2006

Yep, very good and tabbed browsing is instant.

Stuartli 14:57 19 Oct 2006

Some info on IE7:

click here

Downloaded it but wondering whether to install it...:-)

birdface 14:58 19 Oct 2006

Hi Pennyben,I was on about the new version Final.Which I downloaded to day,Was Thinking about shifting to firefox, But this version of IE7 is great,Will stay where i am now.

birdface 15:07 19 Oct 2006

Hi Stuartle.Microsoft have already came out with a fix,I f you do not want the new IE7 downloaded you have to run the fix. It is on one of the other threads' But unfortunately I dont know how to transfer it to here,Someone will teach me someday I hope.

VoG II 15:11 19 Oct 2006

You can just post the thread address from the address bar click here

Stuartli 15:24 19 Oct 2006

It's not a fix with regard to security or similar reasons, just to prevent IE7 downloading automatically next month if you don't want it to (for the reasons explained in VoG™'s link to another thread).

In any case this can be achieved merely by configuring the Security Center to Notify Me of Available Updates and let you choose whether to accept IE7 or any other updates via the Custom feature.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?