IE7 XP Cant browse whilst downloading

bigzosso 20:01 29 Feb 2008

Hi guys

Recently, I udpated Windows and am now running the SP3 up to date on 2 PCs and a laptop all home networked. At the same time I had to buy a new router as the last one stopped accessing the Internet.

All 3 PCs can access the net and Speedtest reports 6Mbps on an 8Mbps ADSL connection. This is alot faster than before on my old Netgear DG834 V2. router. The problem arises when I am downloading 4 or 5 files or more at once. If I am using Fashget or just downloading via windows (rightclick-save as) IE7 does not allow me to browse and displays "Page cannot be displayed" on all 3 PCs. If I am downloading on any PC that one or any of the others can browse the net at the same time. This never happened before.

Also If I have more than 4 or 5 browsers/pages open at once (without downloading) my rightclick function stops working and I cannot get in to delete any temp internet files etc.. through the Internet Options tab however I try to access it (infact via the browser the option for it dissappears??

I have had the same problem using a laptop adsl modem on my PC so I dont think its the router but may be wrong. It is as though downloading is done at max speed and doesnt adjust to allow browsers onto the net, like the PCs are choking?

Any advice will be appreciated

thanks
Carl

XP sp 3. Netgear DG834 V3. Router/Modem (latest firmware) All 3 PCs running various Firewalls/software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?