IE7 won't load some pages?

cbr keith 20:12 05 Dec 2006

Hiya all,

I'm using IE7 and XP Home with a number of users. The problem I have is when I log into the pc IE7 works fine. When my girlfriend logs into her user account, she has trouble with IE7 not loading some websites. For example, the Hotmail homepage loads, but when she logs in, the next page doesn't appear, although the status bar says it's done.

I assume it's a problem with her settings, as mine works fine.

Is it possible to "copy" all the settings of my accounts' IE7 and "paste" them into her accounts IE7?

Thanks in advance for your help
Keith

MIke 20:21 05 Dec 2006

You're not alone with IE 7 not loading pages there are a few other threads on here regarding this problem. One thing that has been suggested is resetting the browser Tools/Internet Options/Advanced then press the reset button. It solved some, but not all my problems. I use Firefox as my main browser anyway, which has no problems displaying pages that IE7 struggles with.

Good luck

MIke

anskyber 20:34 05 Dec 2006

If that does not work try this, it has workied for some with Hotmail issues. click here

cbr keith 18:36 06 Dec 2006

Tried the IE reset and the hotmail fix link, without success.

I don't understand why hotmail works when logged into my user account, but doesn't when logged into my partners?

I'd be grateful for any more ideas you may have...

anskyber 18:40 06 Dec 2006

Try checking your security settings in both the browser and whatever you both use for anti virus and firewall.

Paul M 19:19 06 Dec 2006

If you go to Control Panel,Add/Remove programs and uninstall IE7 you will automatically revert to IE6. (I did this because I found IE7 to be so slow)

MIke 20:44 06 Dec 2006

Even better ditch IE and use Firefox!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?