IE7 - what do you think?

Pineman100 18:20 21 Nov 2006

I run IE6 under XP Home SP2. I keep dithering about upgrading to IE7 - every time I think I've decided to do it, I read another post here about problems with 7.

Is it still very buggy, or should I upgrade?

sunny staines 18:23 21 Nov 2006

I like it, give it a go. you can always uninstall from control panel if you do not like it.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:33 21 Nov 2006

So pleased that I have dumped Avant browser which I have used for 2 years.

G

Pineman100 18:38 21 Nov 2006

Gandalf - according to the popup advertising window, an Avant is a sub-woofer speaker!

I can understand that you find browsing easier with IE7. ;-)

Pine Man 19:03 21 Nov 2006

I avoided installing IE7 due to a lot of adverse comments on this forum as well as the fact that my Canon printers EasyWeb printing tool bar won't work with IE7.

Yesterday Canon told me that they weren't worried about their EasyWeb tool bar not working with IE7 as IE7 does everything that their tool bar did with IE6 and it is no loner necessary if you update.

Last night I bit the bullet and installed IE7. I couldn't have been more pleased. It was easy to set up (and provide access to outlook express) and for those who don't like the lack of menus they can easily be put back as they were.

A lot of people had trouble with secure (banking) sites but I have checked all of mine and had no problems at all.

It might be psychological(is that how you spell it?) but it seems a lot faster than IE6.

Go for it, if it doesn't suit you all you do is uninstall it and E6 is back as it was before.

big bloke66 19:08 21 Nov 2006

Installed it 2 weeks ago, very pleased with it so far.

GEEKSTA 19:11 21 Nov 2006

Ive had it since it was basically out (near enough)
Ive had no problems what so ever and going to contine using IE 7.
If you do upgrade, maby an idea to uninstall the old one and install the new one of your desktop after downloading it from you old one. Im not to sure if others would agree with me though.

Pineman100 19:13 21 Nov 2006

Thanks for your views. Do you know what problems people have had with internet banking?

PS: Are you pinus sylvestris or pinus radiata? ;-)

citadel 19:13 21 Nov 2006

I have it and it works ok plus there are a few extra bits and pieces that are useful.

realist 19:19 21 Nov 2006

I had to revert my daughter's laptop back to IE6 as it was not possible to stream audio from websites in IE7 and it disabled themes in AOL email, all now back working ok with IE6.

Pine Man 19:30 21 Nov 2006

There were some people who couldn't get access to some secure sites but there is a workaround for this provide by microsoft if it crops up. I read about it on one of the recent IE7 threads and it is something to do with making the site think you've got IE6.

'pinus sylvestris or pinus radiata?' - nah, plancus thickus!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?