IE7 problem?

Pamy 17:02 04 Sep 2007

Hello everyone. For the past week or so, each time I close a web page Internet Explorer pops up a box to say that it has encountered an error and must close down. There is a facillty to send an error report to Microsoft, which I have done many times but nothing comes of it. It is annoying in so much as if I have gone to a link web page from this forum (Click here) then, when I close that page, up pops IE with its error and closes me down to my desktop. Anyone able to help get rid of this annoyance?

Cuddles 17:03 04 Sep 2007

Try this click here

Pamy 17:09 04 Sep 2007

Hi Cuddles, tried that and this is what I got...
Error loading setupwbv.dll
The specified module could not be found

Technotiger 17:13 04 Sep 2007
  Technotiger 17:14 04 Sep 2007

Or - click here

Technotiger 17:16 04 Sep 2007

Or even - click here

Good luck ...

Pamy 17:25 04 Sep 2007

Hello Technotiger, looked at all those without success. The first one seems the best but I could not find Smart Tags Support. Any ideas where I mite find it?

Technotiger 17:42 04 Sep 2007

If you cannot find Smart Tags, it probably means that you do not have Smart Tags, as I understand it Smart Tags was a Beta thing which I think Microsoft did not further develop in IE.

I would try the links in my third link above - can't promise, but you might strike lucky. Failing that, perhaps another forum member may be able to offer further suggestions.

Pamy 21:06 04 Sep 2007

Tried all the links and even removed and downloaded IE7 again but problem slill remains. Perhaps it not IE7 but something else. Will leave open for a day or two, maybe someone will have come accross this and know the answer.

Technotiger 21:35 04 Sep 2007

Hmm, perhaps if you adjust your Security settings in IE - a step lower??

provider 2 22:51 04 Sep 2007

Seems as if this can be caused by a whole heap of things including Norton, but for a possible (but not guaranteed) quick fix have you tried Reset in the advanced section of IE 7?

Failing that, maybe start IE (no add-ons), then activate them one by one to find the possible culprit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017