IE7 OE6 problems

bpzoom 18:50 12 Feb 2007

Friend's new pentium 4 with XP, IE7 and OE6. Supplied with a bolt on spam blocker called RetroVade. No problems for first 2 weeks until Retro Vade suggested an update. From that point unable to send or receive emails or print off the webpage. The toolbar replaced by RetroVade version. No File. Edit. View Tools. Help etc only Favourites horizontally. Via the phone I got him to get rid of Retro Vade; there is still no tool bar for IE7 except favourites,and no printing from emails or web page. Emails can be sent and received but cannot be printed. Attempted uninstall of IE7 to get to IE6 and that failed. All conducted by phone and very difficult for me not being there, but these are the facts as I understand. Any ideas please?

uninstall retrovade, reboot, reinstall ie7

2neat 23:51 12 Feb 2007

try system restore!

bpzoom 19:04 13 Feb 2007

Handyd, and 2Neat. Working from a distance over phone with the owner who does not have a clue, I believe he managed to uninstall Retrovade although it left bits of it here and there. I was not prepared to attempt cleaning his registry via the phone, so I believe it is nearly all cleaned off. It has left IE7 with a toolbar containing only Favourites and no additional icons available (he says)
Again via the phone I got him to uninstall IE7 intending that IE6 would automatically replace it. He claims the uninstall aborted with requests he could not reply to, so we did a system restore later.IE7 remained in a mess. He cannot print anything and the IE7 and OE6 toolbars are gone. My question please is this, rather than attempt another uninstall of IE7, would it be OK if when I see the machine next I downloaded IE7 from Microsoft over the top of the existing one? Or, and I have seen this somewhere on this forum before, what is the procedure to try a repair of IE7? Many thanks for replying.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?