ie7 not working since last m/s update

morning, i use firefox and ie7, since the last security update ie7 is not working, i just get an unable to display please check connection problems, if i use diagnose connection it tells me, no problems found.
i have checked 'automatically detect' none of my favorites work or any web page, also after the last update when i opened ie7 my av told me ie7 had changed, i selected allow changes as i guessed it was the up date, firefox works fine and all other connections, games etc,
any ideas?
tia
adam

i have also reset all settings, no change, still not working

I am Spartacus 09:58 14 Jun 2007

Check your firewall settings. I had to allow it in ZoneAlarm.

birdface 10:02 14 Jun 2007

It looks as though you Have to go back into your A/V And see if you can restore old settings.It's not Norton is it.Oops you have already reset all settings,Try with your Firewall turned off.

thanks guys, it does work with kaspersky 6 turned off, all blocks turned off only prompt for action turned on, with ie7 allow in trusted zone, never had problems with norton, and everytime i try something else i get grief!
thanks again

Lettervanman 11:35 14 Jun 2007

Just to say that I have got IE7 and Norton but not Firefox. The latest downloads have caused me no problems. However, we all get the downloads that are suitable for our own computer so I may not have got the same updates.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?