IE7 not displaying pages properly

Pepper9 09:40 15 Aug 2008

When I open a page using IE7 I only get the text for the page (in a larger font) but no background or pictures etc. I have to refresh several times or start again for it to display the page correctly. The page can be random ie it does not affect just one particular page.

Any thoughts please?

birdface 10:40 15 Aug 2008

Check that the air vents are clear of dust and fluff,if so inside will need cleaning as well.Right click Local area connection.and press repair see if it comes up with a dns problem.Try Tools.Internet Options.Advanced.And click on restore advanced settings.

birdface 10:45 15 Aug 2008

Check Device manager.Make sure there are no exclamation marks on your Display Adapters.Or check that screen resolution is set properly.Speed test.click here

Pepper9 11:10 15 Aug 2008

Thanks Buteman - tried all that but still IE will not display some pages without several attempts.

birdface 11:27 15 Aug 2008

Now MTU settings may need changing.But someone else will have to explain it to you.You can read this and see if it helps.click here

birdface 11:35 15 Aug 2008

If you can let us know what ISP you are using and if connected through wireless or not.If direct to the Modem try switching it off for 20 seconds and then back on.It looks like a graphics problem to me.But I am no expert so better waiting for someone else to advise you.

Pepper9 11:37 15 Aug 2008

Thanks again buteman

Pepper9 17:34 23 Aug 2008

Did an SFC /scannow and all seems to be well - touch wood. Also I updated the firmware for my Netgear router.
Thanks to all.
Phil

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?