I.E7 and Norton fraud monitoring

aboutit 13:24 24 Oct 2006

I have the Norton fraud monitor running on my tool bar will this still be there if I install I.E 7?

[email protected] 13:39 24 Oct 2006

yes it will have norton 07, installed ie7 yesterday and bar is still there as is mcafee site advisor

anskyber 13:41 24 Oct 2006

Its a plug in and as far as I am aware it will run on. Updating to IE7 is worthwhile but some plug ins do not work so the advice is to disable them and addthem back in if things are OK.

This is what MS say "Toolbars that are incompatible with Internet Explorer 7

We highly encourage you to install/update to the latest versions of the toolbars that you have installed. We have been actively encouraging application owners to provide updates to their toolbars to ensure compatibility and many have already released updates that work great with Internet Explorer 7.

If you are having problems with Internet Explorer 7 hanging, crashing, silently closing or other bizarre behavior, an incompatible toolbar or other add-on maybe involved. The fastest way to determine if an add-on is causing the problem is to run Internet Explorer 7 with no add-ons. You can do this by going to Start, clicking All Programs, click Accessories, click System Tools and click Internet Explorer (No add-ons). This disables all add-ons from loading in that instance of Internet Explorer. If the problem goes away, you can manually disable specific add-ons to find the specific one causing the problem. Below are instructions on how to manually disable a specific toolbar and a list of known incompatible toolbars that can cause serious issues with Internet Explorer 7.

To disable a toolbar open Internet Explorer 7, follow these steps:

In Windows, click the Start button.
Click All Programs.
Click Accessories.
Click System Tools and then click Internet Explorer (No add-ons).
Once you determine the toolbar causing the issue, you should uninstall the toolbar through Add or Remove Programs in Windows Control Panel and then check the toolbar’s website for an updated version."

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?