IE7 HAS SCREWED UP MY BT YAHOO AND MCAFEE

VETINARI 08:21 04 Dec 2006

I GOT THE LATEST IE7 WINDOWS UPDATE, AND NOW MY BT YAHOO BROADBAND WILL NOT START UP, MY SEARCH COMPANION HAS GONE AWOL, AND MY MCAFEE SECURITY CENTRE WILL NOT START UP AS I KEEP GETTING A WINDOWS IE7 ERROR MESSAGE "DO YOU WISH TO KEEP RUNNING SCIPTS ON THIS PAGE", WHICH DOES NOT GO AWAY. ANY IDEAS ANYONE PLS?

Technotiger 08:24 04 Dec 2006

Hi, go to Control Panel>Add/Remove and uninstall IE7, this will automatically put you back to IE6.

Technotiger 08:25 04 Dec 2006

PS - Please do not use all capital letters - this is considered shouting and is much frowned upon.

had bt broadband, acafee site advisor and norton running for a good while no problems try a reinstall, recently removed all bt and yahoo clutter, as it all appeared a complete waste of space and very much a marketing tool for themselves, i rum regcrub xp and ccleaner after and during any reinstall, hope this helps

VETINARI 11:35 04 Dec 2006

Forgot about the caps lock, I was on the phone to BT helpdesk(India). Will try the uninstall! Many thanks!!

did they ask for your patience, and advise a reboot? comical service!

if you read my earlier threads, i kept getting that message , but only on bt yahoo page, i think regscrubxp removes something i solved it by installing stand alone flash player, but since i got rid of all there junk (inc help desk icon lol)i've had no probs

Paul M 20:04 04 Dec 2006

I installed IE7 but it slowed down my laptop noticeably. I wasn't sure how to go back to IE6 as I thought if I uninstalled it I would be left without anything but thanks to Technotiger I see that all you have to do is uninstall IE7 and you automatically go back to IE6 - I have now done this - thanks very much Technotiger.

Technotiger 20:08 04 Dec 2006

No apologies necessary ... hope you are sorted by now.

Paul M .... Cheers.

VETINARI 19:03 29 Dec 2006

Thanks for all your help, I uninstalled IE7 and re-installed BT Yahoo/McAfee. Everything OK now! You would think Windows would have tested their software compatibility with other software!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

anskyber 19:31 29 Dec 2006

Well funnily enough its the other way round.

The Beta testing of software is to allow BT and others to make their software IE7 compliant.

It matters not really, the important thing is you are up and running again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?