IE7 FREEZES

Snrub 11:26 21 Jun 2008

Periodically IE7 freezes, have to do cntrl/alt/del to run Task Manager, shut down computer. Then have to restart and run system restore to run IE7 until next freeze. When shutting down warning box shows "iexplore.dll initilisation failure" Have done various virus and spyware checks but all passed ok.
Can anyone help please?

birdface 11:38 21 Jun 2008

Try.tools.Internet Options.Advanced.And press reset.You will loose your add-ons but you can put them back later.

Snrub 20:44 21 Jun 2008

Correcction it is IEXPLORE.EXE dll initilisation failure that is missing when it freezes and have to do a system recovery to enable it. What is blocking or removing this driver? Have done various virus and spyware checks but all passed ok.

Snrub 13:59 13 Jul 2008

After months of using anti-virus/ anti spy software and almost daily use of system restore my problem seems to have been solved. I had suspected for some time that various programmes using plug-ins were when the problem occurred. Last week microsoft 8th July did an automatic download to improve security by making plug-ins less vunerable to attack by malicious software. Since then my computer seems to run perfectly dare I say!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone