ie7 forgets password cookies

hi, i did a clean install about a fortnight ago, everything is fine but one niggle. This problem is only with ie7 only and not firefox and it's puzzling me, certain sites, pca being one of them ask me to log in everytime after restarting ie7, also get this with yahoo, other sites seem to remember me. i am always signed in in pca server and the others who forget me. and as i said all is well with firefox.
privacy is set to default medium, i installed ie7 pro, no change. i didnt have this before the o/s re-install and have added no new programs, i use spyware blaster? and nod 32. any ideas?
thanks adam

Sea Urchin 12:30 11 Dec 2007

Go to Tools > Internet Options > Privacy tab > Settings and type in the URLs of the sites you visit and click allow for each. Then OK etc.

thanks for the reply, that has worked for all but yahoo (which i can live with)

Sea Urchin 19:00 11 Dec 2007

Glad to hear you are almost sorted. I had a similar problem a few weeks ago when Hotmail kept asking for my sign-in despite being asked to remember me. I solved it by signing in and asking it to forget me, and then completely signing out. I then opened up Hotmail again, and once more asked it to remember me, and ever since it has been fine. Maybe worth a try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?