IE7. Crash

breadwinner 20:16 30 Jul 2009

The first time I open IE it dosn't appear to access the internet. If I open another browser window it's fine and I just close the first one down.

birdface 20:47 30 Jul 2009

So what Home page have you got.Or what page opens in I/Explorer when you click on it.

breadwinner 21:03 30 Jul 2009

Tiscali.co.uk

Thank you

birdface 21:15 30 Jul 2009

Does Tiscali.co.uk open first time or the second time.Struggling a bit to understand,or is it just a blank page that opens 1st.

birdface 21:21 30 Jul 2009

Maybe try .Run type in. cmd Enter.Command prompt will open.Type in ipconfig /flushdns small gap before the forward slash or it will not work.it should then tell you DNS cache has been flushed ,if so reboot the computer and try again.

That is if you are using XP. Vista is slightly different.

breadwinner 21:36 30 Jul 2009

Opens 2nd time. 1st time is just a blank page.
Going to try flushing dns cache.
Will let you know.
Thanks again

breadwinner 21:45 30 Jul 2009

Still the same

birdface 21:58 30 Jul 2009

Maybe time to give Malwarebytes free a try.

click here

click here

breadwinner 22:20 31 Jul 2009

Thanks Buteman.
Have now run deep scans with, Ad-aware, Malwarebytes, PC Tools spyware doctor and a-squared. All report clean scans.
To reiterate. When I first open internet explorer, all I get is a white sceen with the black band along the top. I have zone alarm installed and normally the icon in the system tray would start to alternate between red and green activity bars when accessing the internet, this does not happen. I get no about blank or anything of that nature. I have to close the programe which reports the programe is not responding and open another window which appears to be fine. It's almost as though I am trying to open a programe before the computer is fully booted, but this isn't the case because it dosn't matter how lomg I wait it still does the same thing.
Sorry to be so long winded.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?