IE7 continues to show error messages

julius44 08:25 25 Mar 2007

Hi, there ive been having a very frustrating problem over the past few days...i have both IE7, and firefox,....and firefox is fine,....but sometime i have to use ie7 for instance accessing hotmail or windows live messenger,...or when i click on some links and automatically taken to ie7. The thing is when i click on certain links or try to send or forward attachments, i click on send on hotmail, and the error message occurs: "IE7 as encountered a problem and needs to close". This is happening quite constantly now......it never used to happpen before. pls help!! I'm pulling my hair out over this...i have windows XP, service pack 2, and i use Kaspersky and AVG, but i know they are not the problem as theyve been on my pc for about 6 weeks now and this started about 2 weeks ago.

Taff™ 09:42 25 Mar 2007

There were some updates to IE7 about that time and a couple of people I know had problems. the cure was toremove IE7 from Add/Remove Programs. Reboot the computer and then go to Windows Update and re-install it. Then go back to WU and install the updates again.

julius44 17:58 25 Mar 2007

Hi Taff, but i cannot seem to find IE7 in my add/remove programs, even though it should be there, so what do i now do to remove it??

VoG II 18:05 25 Mar 2007

It should be listed as Windows Internet Explorer 7 an Add/Remove programs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?