IE7 closes completely

Tribal-Wolf 19:09 22 Feb 2007

Internet Explorer 7 keeps closing completely at random when I click a link or a new tab. It doesnt seem time related or site related just every now and then it just closes when you click anything on a page or a new tab, very annoying when your in the middle of setting up an ebay ad.
Any ideas please.

Technotiger 19:12 22 Feb 2007

Hi, I have seen others here with same effect. Unistall IE7 in Control Panel>Add/Remove will automatically revert you to IE6. You can always try IE7 again later.

anskyber 19:17 22 Feb 2007

If you are having problems with Internet Explorer 7 hanging, crashing, silently closing or other bizarre behavior, an incompatible toolbar or other add-on maybe involved. The fastest way to determine if an add-on is causing the problem is to run Internet Explorer 7 with no add-ons. You can do this by going to Start, clicking All Programs, click Accessories, click System Tools and click Internet Explorer (No add-ons). This disables all add-ons from loading in that instance of Internet Explorer. If the problem goes away, you can manually disable specific add-ons to find the specific one causing the problem. Below are instructions on how to manually disable a specific toolbar and a list of known incompatible toolbars that can cause serious issues with Internet Explorer 7.

anskyber 19:18 22 Feb 2007

Sorry instructions re specific toolbar available if needed.

Technotiger 19:19 22 Feb 2007

Hi, I think you have forgotten something - 'Below....'

anskyber 19:21 22 Feb 2007

Its in my second post. ie. I can supply it if needed.

Tribal-Wolf 19:21 22 Feb 2007

I have no toolbars installed, and disabled the add ons, still the same.

skidzy 19:24 22 Feb 2007

Come on Techno,surely it is best to try a few things before uninstalling IE7.Sorry if you think im having a go,im not.There are other methods to try first instead of the drastic action of uninstalling.
Agreed if all else fails,uninstall and revert to IE6.

Tribal-wolf,have you ran your spyware apps ?

Also try resetting IE7,this will disable any addons that may be causing this closure of web pages.

In IE Tools/Internet Options/Advanced/Reset and ok.

Tribal-Wolf 19:28 22 Feb 2007

yep tried all that too :o(

provider 2 22:23 22 Feb 2007

Missing dlls, perhaps?click here

Technotiger 22:28 22 Feb 2007

Hi Friend, just basing my suggestions on what has helped others - also, I did say - You can always try IE7 again later.

I did see your second post, but too late ... :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?