IE7 Cannot Display The Web Page

redael19 16:10 19 Feb 2009

In some magazines there is downloads from articles with the web address click here and every one I try to connect to produces an error as described above. I can connect to all other web site addresses without any problem. It also happens in Firefox 3 with the error message address not found.
I have Windows Vista Home Premium. I use AVG free version 8 antivirus. I have Windows Vista Firewall. I have AOL as my ISP. The web address is not on my blocked list. Can anyone suggest why only this site is not accessible.

RFB 21:27 19 Feb 2009

Post a web address of a site you can`t access and I`ll test if it`s live.

Sea Urchin 21:41 19 Feb 2009

This site seems to have a history of going down - but it seems to be OK now

redael19 03:01 21 Feb 2009

In reply to RFB, any web site starting click here. I have tried 15 websites from a magazine starting click here on a friends computer and they all work. They will not work on my desktop. Could it possibly be a problem with AOL. Some examples for you to try.
click here (Online video - glimpse of the future)
click here - (Speedfan program )

RFB 06:41 23 Feb 2009

I can access all of your links, could be AOL or unlikely a firewall.
Perhaps it is a browser hack or virus?

birdface 09:07 23 Feb 2009

If using I/Explorer try turning your Pop-Up blocker off on Tools.That sometimes works.if not switch it on again.
Try right clicking Local Area connection and press repair,See if there is a DNS error.[not sure if that is how you do it in Vista.]

T0SH 14:24 23 Feb 2009

You can use this site to check if other sites are up or down by typing or pasting the url into the box

click here

Cheers HC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?