IE7 auto on top?

Umbra 18:02 24 Jan 2008

Good people.
Greetings to anyone who remembers me from the distant past.

My problem

OS - Windows XP SP2
AMD Athlon (tm)64 Processor 3500+ 2.21 GHz
1 GB RAM
IE 7.0.5730.11 Tabbed (with four Home Pages)
Windows Updates up to and including current updates.

I tend to right click links on web pages and open in new window.

Recently (some time in the last couple of weeks) after working in a new window for a few seconds (half a minute or so) that window drops behind and my tabbed home pages window opens on top.

This happens whether or not I am actively working in the new window eg. I can be typing in a chat room when the chat room window drops back and the tabbed window appears, interrupting my work.

I have done full up to date virus check (AVG) with no nasties found; Spyware checks (AdAware 2007) and cleaned; Run CCleaner (free version); and have Spysweeper running.

How do I stop this irritating action?

Any suggestions / advice welcomed.

Carl

ianeon 14:44 25 Jan 2008

It could be that the latest version is: 7.0. 6000.16575 - At least thats my version

Umbra 14:47 25 Jan 2008

Just after posting my problem I spotted an anti-spyware forum and someone had posted a link to SUPERAntiSpyware free which I downloaded and ran.

Since then I haven't had the problem, but need a couple more days to confirm that it no longer exist.

I'll leave the thread open until then.

Thanks again my friend, and I'll update soon.

Carl

birdface 15:21 25 Jan 2008

Hi.i think the version that finishes with 13 is the one that you have if you download SP3.So probably on the correct version.

Umbra 16:02 25 Jan 2008

I've successfully downloaded and installed 7.0.5370.13 thanks to your link X7 . Just got to give it a couple of days more to ensure problem has truly vanished.

buteman and ianeon thank you for your input.

Carl

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?