IE7 anti-phishing delays

Pineman100 16:46 22 Dec 2006

I run XP Home SP2 on a Pentium 3.2 GHz machine with 1GB RAM.

I upgraded to IE7 about 2 weeks ago. I like the interface and the tabbed browsing, but at times the anti-phishing screening takes an age.

I read on this forum about a Microsoft patch for this problem, which I duly downloaded. It has made some difference, but not much. I still find myself periodically waiting for a very long time for a web page to appear.

Does anyone have any other thoughts on a solution to this problem, please?

anskyber 16:48 22 Dec 2006

I find it varies according to the site. If there is a lot of detail for the filter to look at it will slow things up but not significantly.

Pineman100 17:04 22 Dec 2006

I agree, anskyber, except that I find some of the delays to be quite significant. Occasionally I'm waiting over a minute for a page to open.

By the way, I have 2MB broadband.

J B 20:37 22 Dec 2006

Mine has a little delay, but not much. I turned the filter off and my word IE7 zips. In the end I put the filter back on. J.B.

P.S. Merry Christmas

Chris Webster 21:50 22 Dec 2006

Could someone please tell me the link to the anti-phishing patch that Pineman100 mentioned.

Thanks, Chris.

J B 09:39 23 Dec 2006

This is what you are looking for click here J.B.

birdface 09:41 23 Dec 2006

Hi,You dont run Advanced Windows Care by any chance,I always have problems with DNS Cache after running this program,Result is it is slow to open web pages,May not be your problem, But if you go into Control Panel, Network Connections,And right click,Local area connections, And press repair,You get warning about DNS Cache,If that is clear,Some folk have had trouble with Add-Ons,Now the problem is,I cant remember if they deleted all add-ons or if it was only one they deleted,Worth having a look,And lastly,Click the Privacy button on the status bar,And make sure that there is nothing blocked that should not be blocked,If none of those I can only think it is either a cookie problem or Firewall problem,

Pine Man 09:47 23 Dec 2006

I am not sure that it is actually worth keeping the anti-phishing screen on if it causes significant delays.

The results of a phishing attack can be disasterous if you fall for the scam BUT just because you have an anti-phishing screen are you really going to assume that nothing will get past it and cough up your details to any email requesting them? I think not.

Turn it off and be as vigilant as you were before the screening was incoroprated in IE7.

Pine Man 09:49 23 Dec 2006

Slip of the finger I meant incorporated. Why can't you spot your mistakes until it is always too late?

birdface 10:13 23 Dec 2006

I must be one of the lucky ones,I have had no problems with Phishing Filter since downloading IE7, I always keep it switched on,And everything runs ok,

birdface 10:19 23 Dec 2006

This is from another thread with the same sort of problem.click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?