IE7 again!!!

Jimmy14 16:01 25 Oct 2006

Downloaded IE7 the night it came out after notification from someone in the speakers corner. It has been working fine until now. Every time I go to either the speed test on adslguide.org.uk which requires Java, IE7 automatically shuts down. It happens with any website that requires the java application. I already have Java installed from Sun Microsystems but for some reason it does't show the java sign any more in the taskbar when I used to run an object requiring java it would load up in the taskbar. Anyone help or suggestions please or it looks as if I'll be going back to IE6?

James

anskyber 16:20 25 Oct 2006

Have you got the Java 2 build 1.5.0?

Lettervanman 16:20 25 Oct 2006

I have run the beta version and now the full version with no problem. My Java works o.k.

You could try running IE7 with no add-ons and see if it is o.k. then. It is in system tools.

Jimmy14 16:36 25 Oct 2006

I am going to try uninstalling Java and reinstalling. Maybe it was because I done something to the Java control panel from the icon in the taskbar. Post back very soon

Jimmy14 17:07 25 Oct 2006

after uninstalling Java 1.5 and installing it again it seems that the adslguide speed test now works without IE shutting down. I will keep this thread open for a short while incase it happens again.

Thanks,James

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?