IE7 adobe flash player problem

Jimmy14 21:04 08 Nov 2006

I am trying to view a video on CNETs news website and no matter what I have tried it won't work. I made sure adobe flash player was enabled in manage add-ons, disabled norton incase it was preventing it, cleared out my internet cache using ccleaner and restarted but still the video won't play. My friends have tried the video and it works fine on their computer so could anyone please help? it's really annoying. the video link is here,

click here

James

nick_j007 21:18 08 Nov 2006

I think this is the same issue I had some time ago and book marked this...read it and act, it should get you sorted?

HTH,

Nick

nick_j007 21:18 08 Nov 2006
  Jimmy14 21:33 08 Nov 2006

the video starts to load just a tiny bit then pauses for around a minute at a time and moves on again. I went to the link i gave me and then another to a forum to see if the flash player is actually working on here and the website given loaded fine so I suspect adobe flash player is working. Thanks for the suggestions. Anymore suggestions please anyone?

Woolwell 21:45 08 Nov 2006

I can open your link and run the video with no problems. Therefore it must be something to do with your own PC and its settings. You appear to have run Flash ok on another webiste but it may be worthwhile looking under Tools - Manage Add-ons - Enable/Disable and check that Flash is properly enabled. I also notice that you have turned off Norton but did you do so completely? It could be that Norton is stopping the Flash running as a security measure.

anskyber 22:53 08 Nov 2006

Flashplayer often needs an uninstall with the Adobe unistaller before it downloads and works correctly.
Uninstaller click here
Installer click here

nick_j007 10:51 09 Nov 2006

I meant to say it ran fine on my PC too.

Anskyber sums it up with those two links.

Although if you're getting a bit then breaking up...are you on BB or dial up?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?