IE7

jimmer409® 22:11 01 Feb 2006

just downloaded ie 7 beta, fantastic, try and see

VoG II 22:12 01 Feb 2006

Yuk! click here

Pumas 23:23 01 Feb 2006

I installed it earlier today. It's amazing. I'm already feeling that I couldn't go back.

Forum Editor 23:27 01 Feb 2006

lots of people who have been testing IE7 for the past few months feel the same way, and this isn't the final version - there'll be a few changes yet.

Skills 00:07 02 Feb 2006

Im liking the multiple home pages lots.

Still getting used to the new layout but yes I like.

smy13 00:08 02 Feb 2006

doesn't seem to like McAfee security suite 8 totally frozen my PC and would not let me access my McAfee security centre. Like the look of it but I'll wait till it's out of beta. could not open FireFox either until I'd uninstalled and system restored.

Mad Mick 08:06 02 Feb 2006

Doesn't like my Mc Afee either. I had to do a system restore as well.

dms05 09:47 02 Feb 2006

I like the Quick Tab where I can see all the tabs I have open as 'mini' pages and select the one I want to return to. I can do the same in Opera but it's a text rather than graphic representation.

I don't like the way IE7 opens a 2nd instance to view these pages, so I have to close the window to return to the main IEv7 pages. Opera is much better and allows the user to select exactly how he wants pages displayed.

Better than IEv6 (but that's not saying a lot).

Not as good as Firefox and certainly not as good as Opera. But if you've only ever used IEv6 then this will seem wonderful. Look elsewhere for the full experience.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?