IE6 Problem - DNS error

User-BDCEDE6F-B9BE-4B7A-91A901FEC5710802 14:04 15 Sep 2003

I seem to have developed a problem when web browsing - I use IE6 and XP.

When I try to access sites that I use all the time, I now often get the 'Cannot find server, DNS error' screen...and yet a few minutes later I'll try again and its (usually) fine.

I've looked on the MS Knowledgebase and it seems to indicate there could be a problem with running IE6/XP. As a workaround, it suggests using http URL's - which sometimes works - but it doesn't offer a cure as such.

I've so far assumed this is a local problem with my PC and not a problem with my ISP (I've got NTL Broadband).

Any ideas or comments would be helpful.

Thanks

MAJ 14:09 15 Sep 2003

NTL were having problems a few days ago, grahamh101, have you checked out their website to see what the latest is, maybe it's still on-going?

GuyR 14:43 15 Sep 2003

have been wanting to contact NTL for tech support since last night, tech desk unavailable due to major work going on, plus new accounts cannot be logged onto site.

Wanting to put LAN connection in place on new machine getting set up error.

Check hot line for system status

SEASHANTY 15:14 15 Sep 2003

Have I.E.6 and Mozilla v1.4 installed. If one browser doesn't work the other usually does. Some members on this forum have up to three different browsers installed. If you only have the one you will never know if its a browser problem or not.

SEASHANTY 15:16 15 Sep 2003

.......and, Mozilla is working just fine on mt NTL 600k Broadband.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?