IE6 Problem

Legolas 14:29 20 Apr 2007

I am running IE6 and like my text view set to 'Larger' I have been doing this for years. Suddenly now every time I reboot it has reset to the default text view 'Medium' anyone any ideas why this is happening. I should also say that it was happening before for other reasons I had to do a clean install, I thought that this would sort it but was surprised to see that this problem remains.

skidzy 14:37 20 Apr 2007

click here maybe a repair can help.

Legolas 17:18 20 Apr 2007

thanks for the suggestion, tried it still the same I cant understand it, it has me baffled especialy as it has persisted even after a clean install which normally sorts out any softwear problem.

Legolas 17:19 20 Apr 2007

or even software

Legolas 18:41 20 Apr 2007

Ok I have tracked down the culprit. After thinking about what I had on my system that was not different from I normally have on after a reformat I

Legolas 18:44 20 Apr 2007

Ok I have tracked down the culprit. After thinking about what I had on my system that was different from I normally have on after a reformat I came up with Skype. I have recently started using this to keep in touch with my mate and his family in Canada. I uninstalled Skype and hey presto text size remains as I have set it. I will email Skype support and let them know of this bug.

Legolas 19:33 20 Apr 2007

Ok another update for your info. I hav d/l and istalled an earlier version of Skype and all is well also it has solved the problem of my system hanging when shutting down so it looks like the latest version of skype has a few bugs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?