In IE6 my Favorites folder view is compressed.

Tony_B 23:58 15 Jan 2004

When using Internet Explorer when I select my favorites from the top line of the browser the dropdown list is compressed and I have to click on an arrow/bar at the bottom of the listed links to see all the listed sites below.

The favorites folder is well organised and the entire lst should fit on screen with out the need to scroll down so I don't need this compression/shortening feature.

I seem to have turned on a feature that I didn't use before and now wish to turn it off. Can someone please tell me how.
Thanks

pc moron 00:08 16 Jan 2004

Try this:

Right click the Windows Task Bar and select Properties.

Select Menu then Customize.

Scroll down and make sure Use Personalized Menus is not ticked.

Pesala 00:09 16 Jan 2004

Browsing, 3rd option, close unused folders in history and favourites (uncheck) and restart IE

petersmyth1 00:16 16 Jan 2004

Tony how many folders have you in your favourites list and if you click the minus sign on them all do you still have to scroll to get to the bottom of the list. Unless you changed them a folder is signified by a yellow case. To the best of my knowledge you haven't interferred with or clicked anything that is capable of compressing your onscreen favourites list because I've never heard of such a tool. ...........Peter

Tony_B 00:28 16 Jan 2004

I haven't made myself clear. I am selecting favorites from the menu at the top NOT using the icons in the toolbar.

petersmyth1 00:34 16 Jan 2004

Tony I never suggested you were. ...Peter

pc moron 00:53 16 Jan 2004

Sorry, ignore my previous post an do this instead:

In Internet Explorer select Tools then Internet Options.

Select Advanced and make sure Enable Personalized Favorites Menu is not ticked.

Tony_B 01:20 16 Jan 2004

thank you pc moron - By the way your not as your name describes but i guess thats the joke

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?