IE6 Missing Toolbar Buttons

Noels 22:12 07 Sep 2003

Help please I have somehow lost?? A least the back/forward and refresh toolbar buttons and now have Cut Paste Encoding and Realcom buttons.
How do I restore Toolbar to its original format.
Have tried View Toolbars etc but no luck. Help would be appreciated. Regards Noels

VoG II 22:17 07 Sep 2003

Try a repair click here

Megatyte 22:24 07 Sep 2003

Do you have a double arrow to the right of your toolbar? If so, click it and it will reveal the missing buttons. When you have more buttons than can be phsically displayed then the most recently used ones will show.

If not then right click a blank part of the toolbar and select Customize. From here you can add/remove buttons to your own requirements.

AH

Megatyte 22:26 07 Sep 2003

phsically = physically

:-)

AH

Noels 08:58 08 Sep 2003

I'm sorry to be so long replying but:-
I have followed all your suggestions. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled W98 SE, Redownloaded IE6, used scanreg/fix and scanreg/restore and searched everywhere but to no avail. The Back Forward, Restore etc Toolbar has completely gone and has been replaced by a Cut, Copy, Paste, Encoding, toolbar?? When I right click on a page I get a drop down-menu which gives the active commands from the toolbar but its not as convenient as an active toolbar. Any further suggestions would be appreciated.
regards Noels

Jester2K II 09:02 08 Sep 2003

Right Click the TOOLBAR.

Select Customise.

You can add / remove buttons and change their order here.

Noels 09:39 08 Sep 2003

Jester

Have tried that but as far as I can see when I go to customise there are only certain options, which are only the buttons on this my present toolbar. They don't include the options, Forward, Back, Refresh etc from the missing toolbar. Unless I'm being thick and there is another way to include more buttons?
Getting desperate any help gratefully received.

Regards Noels

Jester2K II 09:43 08 Sep 2003

Do you have two columns of button - Available and Current?

Whats in Available list?

Noels 10:13 08 Sep 2003

No as far as I can see there is just the one toolbar. No Available and Current unless I'm not looking in the right place? It looks to me as if my present toolbar has come from another programme.
As far as I know all I did last evening was to visit the BBC website to listen to an excerpt from the Proms. This appeared to open up "Realcom" along with this new toolbar and at the same time the original toolbar vanished.
All the best Noels

wildrover 10:33 08 Sep 2003

Noels, Have you got View at the top? If so try View\Toolbars\standard buttons (so that standard buttons is ticked). This should bring up the missing toolbar. Then download and run Adaware from lavasoft (or similar programme) to see if a programme is messing with your browser.

Jester2K II 10:33 08 Sep 2003

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache